Sunday, September 18, 2011

So, after having a mommy breakdown from moving my cleaning supplies and the vaccuum from room to room trying to keep up with Lizzy's messes and disasters (and trying to keep my sanity) day after day, I decided it would be much more fun to document it for the viewing enjoyment of all. I'm sure I will laugh about it someday... I am so greatful we are renting right now. There is no hope of getting these carpets cleaned or salvaging a good number of our window blinds. The day before this picture, Lizzy decided to see what it would look like if you combined baby powder, diaper paste and ezema lotion in her brothers laundry hamper. Full of clothes. After she dumped half of it on the carpet. Needless to say it wasn't so bad finding just a bunch of baby powder on the floor in the closet. It was when I started looking for the bottles that I sensed some more hanky panky and took a look in the hamper. I should have taken a picture, but I was pretty seething mad and hadn't reached the "oh well, what is one more disaster" phase until the next day. So I hope you get a laugh out of my new mode of blogging and breathe a sigh of relief that at least your child never did that!

Day two
This is after I closed the door to my room and told her to stay out of the craft box for pre-school. It was just too good of a temptation I guess! Inside the craft container is a box a little smaller than a shoe box filled with 12 bottles of beautiful, sparkly glitter. I was like waving a red flag in front of a bull! It took her 6-8 minutes to dig through the container, locate the glitter and dump each and every bottle on the carpet floor on the track of our closet. She knew that the poo had hit the fan when she heard me coming because she had tried to close the closet door to hide. You see, Lizzy being quiet for more than 5 minutes and not watching TV is a bad thing. At least I can prepare myself for the inevitable of the unknown mess now! She didn't get to hide long because half of the glitter was outside the closet door. Poor dad. It was his side of the closet and that manly bag will be be-dazzled for the rest of its existance now. Even when they change the carpet in here, they are going to be finding glitter!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Letters to My Little Ones said...

So funny! I also blog to keep my sanity. Things are funnier after you write a post about them. You have a darling little family.

Cherie said...

Oh Andrea! You do have your hands full, don't you? :) I'm glad you are documenting it, so that one day you can look back and laugh at what you managed to survive. Keep up the good work! You're such an amazing mom! Oh, and invest in a giant safe to put everything pourable, spillable, and lizzyable away. Give that cute girl a hug from her aunty Cherie!

Miles Milestones said...

Andrea, I understand so well what you are going through. I tried leashes, backpacks, and even locks on the front and back doors. Nothing worked except a good sense of humor. ;)