Each year I have these great ideas for dresses for the girls. Sometimes they turn out and sometimes not. I was working with what I had! I would have done some things differently, but I think they turned out ok. The zippers were the most expensive part of these dresses! The blue satin was left over from some brides maid dresses I made this summer and I got about 10yds of the black organza for about dollar at a garage sale this summer(surprised?). I made them matching flowers for the dress and for their hair. I was attempting to revamp an old 80's pattern. I liked the bottom of the dress, but not so much the top. I'll know better for next time!
It was the longest 1 hour of church ever that day! I'll try and get some better pictures, but we just wanted to get out of there after we spent the majority of the meeting out in the hall with one or another of the kids. Mostly Lizzy and Brother. Nyla was supposed to go up and sing with the Primary kids while just few of the kids played the bells. Well, they'd all been using the bells during singing time so Nyla went down to get her bell and I'm not sure if she was just mad or emberassed or both, but she crossed her arms and got the best frowny face on and stomped all the way down the isle to the back of the chapel where we were sitting when they told her she was just singing and not playing a bell. Most of that side of the chapel got a chuckle out of her spiritedness. Right at that moment she reminded me of another very head strong red head. Anne of Green Gables!
I made a matching bow tie for Christopher and it turned out so cute that I'm going to make him more! I will post it as soon as I can get a picture of him in it again. He was so adorable with his little bow tie. I'll have to dig through my scraps to see what I can find! What a treat! I think it turned out so well because the organza stiffened the satin fabric to just the right firmness. I'll have to keep that in mind when I make more. I'll post those too!
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Muffins
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment