Sorry this picture is posted twice! All year I have had the girls watch and help me make bread. Just these last few months they have helped me roll out the dough with the rolling pin, roll the dough up, pinch the seam and fold the edges. I usually just have them help with one thing per bread making. I was making 3 loaves of bread and on the last lump of dough, Christopher decided to get into the bathroom. So I left Nyla in the kitchen with this lump of dough and I told her that she could start rolling it out. When I got back, she had rolled it out, rolled it up, pinched the seam and was working on tucking the sides to put in the pan. I let her finish by putting it in the oven to finish its final rise. She was so proud of herself and so was I. It came out just great with no airbubbles or anything! We ate some of it with dinner that night. It was so cute how concerned she was about her loaf of bread. She wanted to carry it in on the cutting board and set it just perfect in the middle of the table. It never ceases to amaze me what our little ones are capable of at such a young age! Only 4 and making bread! You go girl! On a silly side note, Nyla's favorite books right now are "Captain Unerpants". She gets a new one every time we go to the library. She is always curled up somewhere reading her book. I love how she "reads" out loud and I get to listen to her fun stories of what she interprets the pictures in the books to be doing.

1 comment:
yay Nyla! Food is for eating not ornaments. poor girl. she will never live that one down and she doesn't even remember doing it! love all the family pics. the kids are getting so much bigger now! even my twins are a year old. gosh where does the time go? when are you coming for a visit????
Post a Comment